Announced back in September, the Nokia Asha 309 is now available in Philippine stores.
To refresh your memory, the Asha 309 packs a 3-inch touchscreen, a 2-megapixel cam, WiFi connectivity, and for you gamers out there, free access to 40 EA games.
It’s slightly more expensive than what we expected, Php600 more to be exact. But at Php4,790, it’s still not that expensive.
But I guess the more important question is – is it the best handset at that price?
That’s debatable, but for comparison’s sake, the Lenovo A60+ is retailing for Php4,990. For a few hundred more, you’ll already get a ‘droid that comes packed with a much larger touchscreen (3.5-inch vs 3-inch), HSDPA connectivity and dual-SIM support too. But yeah, comparing Symbian S40 to Android is like comparing Jell-O to crème brulee. I’ll let you decide which one is which.
Press release follows:
Nokia Asha 309 now available in the Philippines
A full smartphone and smarter Internet experience, Now available for purchase complete with 40 free EA Games
Nokia today announced that the Nokia Asha Asha 309is now available for purchase in the Philippines. The phones are the newest additions to the Asha Touch range and are Nokia’s most affordable capacitive touchscreen devices to-date. The single SIM Nokia Asha 309 gives consumers a smarter Internet experience thanks to Nokia Xpress Browser, which enables up to 90% more efficient mobile browsing and faster access to rich web applications compared to conventional browsers.
The new devices offer a fluid ‘swipe’ user interface and an open environment for third-party application development, characteristics that have earned the complete Asha Touch range full smartphone classification from global market research firm, GfK.
The Nokia Asha 309 allows users to enjoy a host of mobile entertainment options with just a simple swipe:
• Customers can enjoy a huge selection of free-to-download* game, including the exclusive-to-Nokia offer of 40 free* to download games from EA, featuring titles like Tetris®, Bejeweled®, Need for Speed(TM) The Run and EA SPORTS(TM) FIFA 12
• Standalone Facebook and Twitter clients, in addition to the Nokia Messaging Service, allow consumers to stay in constant contact
• For the first time within the Asha Touch range, users can stream video through the browser from sites like YouTube
• The new Nokia Nearby web app helps people discover new places and things to do, by searching nearby locations and reviewing the options on a map
• The new devices also support Nokia Life+, a fun and engaging free Web app designedfor youth to more easily discover content on developing life skills and living healthy
The Nokia Asha 309 is a 2G-enabled device featuring a 3.0” WQVGA capacitive display, multiple home screens, stereo radio, loud speakers and up to 32GB microSD card support. Boasting a great battery life, the Nokia Asha 309 comes in both Black and White.
“Our innovative Asha Touch family of devices is designed for people who want a great smartphone with lower running costs,” said Timo Toikkanen, executive vice president, Mobile Phones, Nokia. “By introducing the Nokia Asha 309, we’re expanding our affordable smartphone lineup and bringing new mobile experiences to more people.”
The Nokia Asha 309 has a suggested retail price of PhP4,790 and is available in Nokia Stores nationwide.
To know more about the Nokia Asha family you may visit www.nokia.com.ph.
You must be logged in to post a comment.